Services > Windows > Single Hung
Single hung windows from Soft-Lite are easy, economical and built to last. A tilt-in bottom sash, heavy duty locks and double weather stripping are just a few of the features these single hung vinyl windows offer.
Soft-Lite Barrington LIMITED windows give you structural integrity, beauty
and thermal efficiency at a very affordable price. These windows are built
to last and are backed by Soft-Lite's Transferable Warranty.
In addition, Barrington LIMITED windows are manufactured by a company with
over 70 years of experience, and a commitment to quality and excellent customer service.
Features and Benefits
- Interlock at meeting rail minimizes air infiltration.
- Fusion-Welded Frame and Sash provide maximum weather protection and improved structural integrity.
- Multi-chambered frames with heavy gauge vinyl walls provide superior strength and thermal performance.
- One-Piece Mortised Sloped Sill creates strong bond between sill and jamb for maximum weather protection.
- Highest quality PVC vinyl stands up to the weather, wherever you live, for a lifetime.
- Double weather stripping surrounds sash perimeter to provide maximum weather protection.
- Certa-force Balance uses a coil that provides smooth, easy operation. Never needs lubrication or adjustment.
- Soft-Seal straddle gasket system at sill creates barriers and diversions against air and water.
- Snap-on, flexible nailing flange and J-Channel for new construction is available with unique welded corners.
- Remodeling - Lifetime Transferable - It covers vinyl frames, sashes and all moving parts for defects in materials and workmanship. Also
covers our insulated glass for seal failure for the life of your home.
- New Construction - 10 Year Transferable - It covers vinyl frames, sashes and all moving parts for defects in materials and workmanship for 10
years. Also covers our insulated glass for seal failure for 10 years.
Soft-Lite Windows - Single Hung
Barrington-Limited Double-Hung Windows have been certified to meet the INDUSTRY standards and qualify for the 2009/2010 Federal Tax Credit.
NFRC Window Labels
All NFRC labels refer to the whole window performance, not just the insulated glass unit.
WHAT THE RATING LABEL MEANS:
The lower the U-Factor the better the window's thermal
performance. The glass package, the window's material, and its
components all affect the rating.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
A measurement of how well products
block heat caused by sunlight. The rating is expressed as a number
between 0 and 1. The lower the number the better which also means
less solar heat is transmitted through the window.
A measurement of how much light comes
through the window. Expressed as a number between 0 and 1, the
higher the VT the better.
A measurement of how well the window
resists condensation on the glass. The higher the number the better.